Sunday, August 5, 2012

Brand New Pencils, Brand New Books, Lots of Teachers Pouty Looks...

I know that isn't exactly the saying, but with school starting 2 weeks earlier this year, there has been a good show of pouting. Of course I was not a part of this. Eager as I was to come back. Who wants to lay at the pool anyways? 


 It is that time of year again. Fresh boxes of crayons, bruises from running into newly placed furniture, and cob webs being wiped from the corners. Ahhh, the joys of back to school time. 


Since I moved from second grade to third this year, I am in a "new-to-me" room. I wish I had taken a picture of the before room, but when I walked in that first time... I can't say I was thinking about blogging as much as diggin' in. And I couldn't exactly see this room turning out that well, what with the mauve colored cabinets. Floral prints would have matched well, but it isn't the 80's nor am I in my 80's.


I digress. Here are some pictures of the finished product. And I must say, it turned out better than I thought.


The lovely craft posters came from a blog. They are adorable and very informative.

The best thing about this room is this black board. It is magnetic paint. Awesome functionality as a word wall.

The library station, much like last year.

Guided reading table. I invested in a shelf from IKEA (covered in zebra print because my baskets didn't match, I know... OCD much?)

This was a bulletin board with gross water stains. So I covered it in hot pink fabric. And the kiddos made "third grade backpacks" to display. They loved making them and they turned out great!

Computer area and supply drawers.

math manipulatives, semi-organized

The whole group area. Had some trouble thinking of colors to go with the mauve cabinets, but decided on pink and green. Kinda my new favorite combo right now. And animal prints as well. Now, I would never actually wear or decorate my house this way (no objections to others doing these things, but I'm not exactly an animal print kinda gal), but they are fun to decorate a classroom.

A work-in-progress calendar wall.

I'm sure there will be many changes and updates to come, but it has been kid-tested for 1 and 1/2 days and has come out on top. Now for the actual teaching part...

1 comment:

  1. I've already told you, but your room looks awesome! Glad we're on the same team again, Brit-Bear :)

    ReplyDelete