Thursday, February 3, 2011

Weather and more weather

While I realize that it is February, I am getting a little bit tired of the "severe weather". First snow of the season actually came before the first day of winter... that's just wrong, right!?! And I am the first one to breathe a sigh of relief when I get to sleep in, but 10 snow days later and the sigh has turned into a groan.

And then this past weekend, a break in the storm clouds; it was in the 60's! UH-MA-ZING! I actually spent some time outside.

Side note: It is amazing how much a body can miss the out-of-doors when you are trapped inside.

Another side note: While on my walk, I pulled out my teacher voice on a dog. Yes, that's right, a dog. Headphones in, arms pumping, and a dog comes out of nowhere barking like mad. What do I do? I point my finger at him sternly and say, "No! You're FINE!" Then I realized he had a zapper on his collar and couldn't come after me. And I also noticed that the front door was open. I could imagine the reaction of the person inside the door. "Stupid girl." Indeed.

Anyways, back to my rant on the weather. The weekend was a tease! And when the weather is nice in June, where will I be, you ask? In-of-doors. It is a raw deal, Mother Nature.
Here's hoping that Mr. Groundhog was right and the winter end is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment